As a former TV researcher, I am inclined to agree with Sophia. I have been appalled by some of the questions / kind of help asked for by some TV researchers who stumble across this mailing list.

There is a real problem with the way certain TV companies / TV employees treat contributors and not just in science TV. When working in TV, I often encountered people who were reluctant to help with my production because they had been treated poorly in previous encounters with TV people.