Dear All

The thing about STEM is it is jargon, now don't get me wrong, jargon is very useful when you are talking to people who speak it too, it is short hand that saves you having to say so many words.

You would not kick off an explanation of electron structure to an 12 year old by going on about wave functions or plant growth by dropping in osmotic potential, well you might but their eyes would glaze over immediately. It is like all education, or even conversation, you have to use the words, model, what ever, that the other party can relate to and take it from there.

STEM is fine between those who are fluent in "ScienceTechnologyEngineeringMathsCommunicationSpeak". (That could do with shortening, how about Scimathengtechcomlingo. Rolls off the tongue, I've invented some jargon)

I must admit when I think of STEM, since I am very interested in plants, I think of cuttings and then my mind wanders to other places where "stem" could be used in conversation, which is fine except the one I keep coming back to is "Stem the bleeding".

All the best

Ian

Do Science Ltd
37 Upper Brownhill Road, Southampton, SO16 5NG
www.doscience.co.uk

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It is intended for the personal attention of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer.
While Do Science Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.