Dear Mike
This area has been a big focus of my research in recent years, so I can add
to your list of published work here:

Davis, M. and Carroll, J. (2009). ‘Formative feedback within plagiarism
education: is there a role for text-matching software?’ *International
Journal of Educational Integrity *5(2). Available at
http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/IJEI/issue/view/117

Davis, M. (2009). ‘The role of Turnitin within the formative process of EAP:
a tool for global academic culture’ in *BALEAP 2007 Conference Proceedings*

Davis, M. and Yeang, F. (2008) ‘Encouraging international and dyslexic
students to develop more learning strategies for writing through the use of
Turnitin’ *BeJLT* 2(3) November 2008. Available at:
http://bejlt.brookes.ac.uk/article/encouraging_international_and_dyslexic_students_to_develop_better_learning/

Davis, M. (2008) ‘Using Turnitin to provide powerful formative feedback’.
ASKe 123 Guide, Oxford Brookes University. Available at

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/aske/documents/Turnitin.pdf

Davis, M. (2007) ‘The role of Turnitin within the formative process of
academic writing: a tool for learning and unlearning’. *BeJLT* 2 (2) October
2007. Available at

http://bejlt.brookes.ac.uk/article/the_role_of_turnitin_within_the_formative_process_of_academic_writing/

Davis, M., Emerson, L. and Carroll, J. (2007).’The use of electronic
detection systems for learners. Is there a pedagogic argument or are we just
teaching them to cheat?’ European Association for Research on Learning and
Instruction at Budapest 28 August-1 September 2007, 12th biennial
conference. Abstract available at:
http://earli2007.hu/nq/home/scientific_program/programme/parallel_sessions/&session=10

Davis, M. (2007). ‘Creating learning and unlearning opportunities from
Turnitin in the process of academic writing’ ‘Designing for learning’ -
E-Learning Conference at University of Greenwich, 4 July, 2007  Paper
details at

web-dev-csc.gre.ac.uk/conference/conf32/presentations/davis_2007.ppt

I'd also recommend Judy Cohen's work at the University of Kent:

Cohen, J. (2010). Using Turnitin as a formative writing tool. *Journal of
Learning Development in Higher Education*, (2) pp1-14. Available at:
http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/ojs/index.php?journal=jldhe

Hope this helps
Mary Davis