From: Roberta Hanlon <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Management referral
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 18 October, 2010, 22:59

Wow... I'd be tempted to shake my head and hand it back.... lol

Roberta

-----Original Message----- From: Kate Owen
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Management referral

A manager has referred an individual known to OH (awaiting surgery for a shoulder impingement) The individual is working with restrictions/adjustments e.g. micro breaks for keyboard use, no heavy lifting, no task raising arm above shoulder height etc. whilst they await surgery.

The manager emailed the referral and the main reason for further referral is that they question the validity of the problem & the need for restriction. The basis for this is that they  have attached a photograph of the individual at a social event (don't know where they have got this from, ? facebook, ? they took it at a recent social event) with the individual dancing with a partner ( in a bit of a smooch) their arm is in a dance type hold with partner ie placed on her partners (not identified) shoulder.

I was almost, no actually speachless.

I thought initially that I could go down the route of 'why the impingemnent would not be aggravated by this type of posture' or 'why it is different to choose to do something from being employed to do something' BUT really.... sending the photo (however it was obtained ) has really concerned me. This is a policing  style of management, what are the legal implications of sending OH a photo of a 'personal' nature. What do I do? place this on their medical records?

It maybe the way of things to come but I would appreciate your views.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: