"I would like to emphasise to the GP what difficulties this can pose for an organisation, and say it would be better if they suggested they self refer to O.H. " So far this hasnt happened, so why bother? GPs have a different job to OH, he has his opinion, you have yours. Is the point of going to the GP to gain "approval" for your point of view or something else? Have to say that I think this is misguided resources and time - if you think the report will just echo what they`ve already saud (likely) why hack them off by asking them to reiterate? generally a GP is paid to cater for the needs of his patient, not their employer, we are the ones that tread that middle path

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:05:28 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] keeping the peace
To: [log in to unmask]

why don't you get consent for verbal disclosure and try and ring the GP to explain - it has worked for me in the past.
Janet

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Belinda Fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for the feedback
I would like to emphasise to the GP what difficulties this can pose for an organisation, and say it would be better if they suggested they self refer to O.H. I just feel perturbed that the company are expected to pay for a report which is just likely to re emphasise what they've already said on the medical certificate. I'll update you with the outcome.
Cheers
Belinda Fox
SCPHN/OH

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: