Do you think that the GP has maybe medicalised the employees preference? So
 now whenever she doesn't want to do something the GP will be expected to
write  to the employer saying no can do?
if this is a core part of the job and only occasionally and extra support
has been offered then really I would think its over to management to decide
what  they are willing to support?
I agree with you I would be very tempted to get consent and write to  the
GP asking why he selected 12 months and what remedy / treatment will  take
place within the 12 months to overcome these very serious difficulties ot  are
they in fact permanent?
Please share the response if you get this far.
and no I do not have any issue GP's except they have too little time with
patients-this GP could have asked if an OH service was available and
suggested a  self referral — this often happens in my area of practice to
everyone's  benefit.
You are in a non nhs setting and can suggest all sorts of desensitising
potentially  assistive treatment
What a shame for a 22 year old to learn habits that will never ever assist
her development in a useful way
Right that's my tuppenceworth
Lynda B