In short - let them get on with it. You have given your opinion - she took the job, she wasnt press ganged into it. Doubtless she knew from the outset what was required of her. May well be that the job stresses her out - however, its for management to decide whether they can maintain her in a revised role longer term. In my opinion you have gone over and above, you have obviously spent time with the individual trying to sort out what the matter really is. Personally think GP report wouldnt add much apart from saying thats his opinion and in his patients best interests. The problem may be lack of confidence (is this an OH issue?) Apart from encouraging dialogue and maybe a stress risk assessment cant really see what else can be achieved from a clinical perspective - the additional training/supervision/mentoring an excellent idea.

I have an upcoming similar problem ( as i do every year) when winter uniform comes in and people produce medical certificates from all sorts of people stating that they dont have to wear a tie for all sorts of frankly amusing medical reasons.  a headache every year, the answers are always the same. ie These are the clinical implications, can you the employer maintain this, are you happy for them not to comply the rules, if so let them get on with it, if not take it through management procedures. Shame that GPs time is wasted dealing with this kind of stuff......

Very terse arent I? Been a long day......