Dear List-Members,
the theme of the month is very interesting, thank you for starting the discussion!

Actually, I' am giving a course called "Curating the Web" this semester at Siegen University, Germany. Together with  the students I would like to work out a loose taxonomy of creative/artistic online video and arrange a small (online) exhibition. Of course, the YouTube Play Biennale is one of our main reference points. The criteria to enter the competition were very open, just demanding the works to be "something different. Not what's now, but what's next". I'm wondering if we dont need stronger curational concepts to start a discourse about what web video/web art could be? In the seminar we will try to work out some thought but I am curious if there are allready concepts/taxonomies out there?

So my question would be if you know allready existing online video exhibtions or taxonomies?

Any help would be so much appreciated!Best Regards, Simon

Simon Ruschmeyer
Concept & Direction for Moving Media

Email:		[log in to unmask]
Portfolio: 	www.ruschmeyer.org