On Monday, October 11, 2010, at 1:38 am, I wrote:

> 1)  Philip the Deacon (d. 1st cent.).

Some visuals for P. (also known as P. of Caesarea):

a)  P. as depicted in the eleventh- or early twelfth-century frescoes of the Karanlik Church (Dark Church) at Göreme (Nevşehir province) in Turkey:
http://tinyurl.com/2eldsk7

b)  P. baptizing the Ethiopian eunuch (Acts 8:38) as depicted in the earlier fourteenth-century frescoes (betw. 1335 and 1350) in the nave of the church of the Holy Ascension at the Visoki Dečani monastery near Peć in, depending on one's view of recent events, the Republic of Kosovo or Serbia's province of Kosovo and Metohija:
http://tinyurl.com/25u8p5d

c)  The Spirit of the Lord catching P. away (Acts 8:39) as depicted in the earlier fourteenth-century frescoes (betw. 1335 and 1350) in the nave of the church of the Holy Ascension at the Visoki Dečani monastery near Peć in, depending on one's view of recent events, the Republic of Kosovo or Serbia's province of Kosovo and Metohija:
http://tinyurl.com/267hvl4

Best again,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]