From: Genevra <[log in to unmask]>

>Other fifth-century ivories clearly use something besides just narrative
chronology to determine sequence. Most famously, compare the British Museum
Crucifixion (etc.) ivories, which were certainly the sides of a small box (top
now missing):

http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/search_the_collection_database/search_object_image.aspx?objectId=60937&partId=1&searchText=crucifixion+ivory&fromDate=400&fromADBC=ad&toDate=500&toADBC=ad&orig=%2fresearch%2fsearch_the_collection_database.aspx&numPages=10&currentPage=1&asset_id=190691

> There is no single panel to panel reading that preserves full chronological
order.

perhaps not, but what other sequence would you propose for that of the

it is hard (at least for me) to imagine, for example a sequence based on, say,
typological juxtapositions --at least if there were originally only these four
panels (plus the lost lid).

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]