On Wednesday, October 6, 2010, at 12:57 pm, I wrote:

> 3)  Enimia (d. 7th cent., supposedly)...
> Thus far the Vita, which in the earlier thirteenth century served as
> the base for a verse version in Occitan by Bertran de Marseille.  The
> _Directorium chori_ of bishop Guillaume Durand the Younger (r.
> 1297-1323) attests to the existence of a medieval Office for E. in the
> diocese of Mende (the successor to the ancient diocese of Javols).  A
> diocesan breviary of 1542 is the first to show her feast as falling on
> this day; previously it had been on 5. October.

At that point I had to run off to a meeting and, in my haste, loaded the remainder from the wrong file.  Here's what should have followed:

E. has yet to grace the pages of the RM.

Some views of Sainte-Enimie, with the remains of the monastery overlooking the town:
http://tinyurl.com/2avwp58
http://tinyurl.com/23pgmmn
http://tinyurl.com/247b5e6
Another (at left, the salle capitulaire):
http://tinyurl.com/2ah8hm5
Interior views of the salle capitulaire:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FR-48-Sainte-Enimie6.JPG
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/2340534080_07ecc63ab0_b.jpg

Sainte-Enimie's originally twelfth- and fourteenth-century église Notre-Dame-du-Gourg:
http://tinyurl.com/25ctg89
http://tinyurl.com/25v8mdx
http://tinyurl.com/26oecnw
http://tinyurl.com/ye673aj
http://tinyurl.com/2aun4yb
The facade as seen in an old photo:
http://tinyurl.com/2cbqj29

High up above town is the originally late medieval ermitage Sainte-Enimie (the cave traditionally said to have been E.'s is behind the buildings):
http://tinyurl.com/24kghz4
http://tinyurl.com/2d4s59k
Relics believed to be E.'s were kept here until they were reported stolen in 1970.

What is said to be E.'s spring (the Source de la Burle) in Sainte-Enimie:
http://tinyurl.com/2adazxs
http://tinyurl.com/25ra9hb

Best again,
JD