On Tuesday, September 28, 2010, at 10:32 am, I wrote:

> 1)  Chariton, abbot in Palestine (d. earlier or mid 4th cent.).

> C. as depicted in a fourteenth-century fresco in the refectory of the
> monastery of St. John on Patmos:
> http://tinyurl.com/2dvj36c

Er, C. as depicted in a seemingly late twelfth-century fresco...  The frescoes of Palestinian monastic founders in the refectory are attributed to the same workshop that executed the portraits of the patriarchs of Jerusalem in the monastery's Panagia chapel.

Best again,
JD

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]