  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }

	Dear all

	This to remind you that we are seeking submissions to the second
biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO (International Society
for Knowledge Organization) which honours the life and achievements
of Brian C Vickery, a pioneer in our field. The venue is UCL [1]  in
London, and our theme will be: _FACETS OF KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION_.

	Just as Vickery had the knack of drawing out practical applications
from the lessons of academic research, so this conference will bring
together practitioners, theoreticians, consultants, researchers,
teachers and students, all with an interest in the organization of
knowledge and information.

	Proposals addressing an original topic on this theme are very
welcome, but the following suggestions may provide some inspiration:

	•Classification, information retrieval

	•Semantics and the Web

	•Putting the user first

	•Evaluation and testing

	•Society, networking and collaboration

	•Models and structure

	We are looking for a mix of both short (20-minute) and longer
(40-minute) presentations, as well as a display of posters. Speakers
will be encouraged to provide a paper to accompany their
presentations.

	Proposals should be submitted in English by 30th November 2010 at
the latest.  For further information and submission, please visit:
http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/index.htm [2]

	ISKO is a not-for-profit scientific/professional association with
the objective of promoting research and communication in the domain
of knowledge organization, within the broad field of information
science and related disciplines. Founded in 2007, our UK Chapter has
been attracting lively and steadily growing audiences to its
afternoon meeting series [3] as well as its very successful first
conference [4] in 2009.

	We look forward to your participation in this event.

	Fran Huckle

	ISKO UK Conference Publicity
 ***Apologies if you receive this message more than once***

Links:
------
[1] http://www.ucl.ac.uk/
[2] http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/index.htm