Dear Geraldine

thank you very much for sharing these job vacancies advertisements.

I noticed they have been communicated - similarly to many others I wrote about in my CPD-Wiki,  in such a way that is not possible to clearly identify
- how many (individuals or organisations) are going to hold personal data of candidates who apply for them and
- who is responsible under FOI Act for data treatment (the Medical Research Council or "MRC Shared Services Centre" in Swindon?)

Furthermore, the announcement is made by a private individual - Geraldine Clement-Stoneham, using her own domain name ([log in to unmask]) and not the email address ([log in to unmask]) of the organisation she is supposed to speak on behalf of.   Is there any rationale for this choice?

Finally, the job vacancies are published online using different domain names and DNS redirect services. Basically, from a strictly legal point of view they are not at all published by the Medical Research council at www.mrc.ac.uk.
Instead, interested people are redirected to the web site of new MRC offices, at www.mrcswindon.co.uk, hosted and maintained by Genesis Group UK LLP in Walkeringham, Nottinghamshire and (accordingly to data disclosed by public registers) represented by a person called Mark Benham. This person  may be a lawyer with a sound knowledge of internet laws and regulations but this is only an hypothesis I derived searching his name through public sources - and I have no interest to investigate any further his identity. The point is that at the end of the day, a person completely  external to the Medical Research Council is the only individual that could be legally responsible of the entire operation of collecting and treating personal data of candidates who decide to apply for  MRC jobs. Is this representation true?

Brunella Longo
http://www.brunellalongo.info