CILIP Training & Development are pleased to announce our November 2010 courses.

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

Roving with a purpose in HE/FE libraries
11 November 2010, London
Roving, or floor walking, has been adopted by a number of library and information services who have found it increases user and staff satisfaction, helps to reduce problems with negative behaviour, and assists the library's 'hidden customer'. Be proactive and discover the practical ideas to help progress roving within your service.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
*what is roving and why does it matter?
*roving to improve services
*putting roving into practice

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/roving-with-purpose-he-fe-libraries.aspx

Creating a customer-focused environment: academic sector
16 November 2010, London
With increased pressure to fulfil customer related targets and KPIs, library and information staff need to keep one step ahead and anticipate rather than respond to customer needs. This one-day course will provide the tools and techniques to better understand your customers and deliver an outstanding service.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
*understanding and predicting customer needs
*communication styles
*measuring customer satisfaction

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/creating-customer-focused-environment-academic-sector.aspx

eNewsletters: an introduction
16 November 2010, London
Learn how a professional, well-targeted and constructed e-newsletter can be a major driver of traffic to your website. Establish and maintain links with customers, clients and members and gain positive responses from your subscribers.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
*identifying and targeting your audience
*editing, headline writing and picture use
*managing a subscriber list
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/enewsletters-introduction.aspx

Using multimedia to promote your service
18 November 2010, London

How can Youtube, Flickr and podcasts be used to help promote the library and information service you offer? This one-day course introduces you to a variety of different tools in the areas of video, sound and presentation to help you discover new ways to provide information and promote your service.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
*online editing resources for photographs
*YouTube videos - uploading and embedding
*podcasts

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/using-multimedia-promote-service.aspx

Can't make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.
Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/onsitetraining/pages/default.aspx

Don't forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.
Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training