Dear Julie

We have quite good compliance on this clause from publishers who are willing to grant access to teachers in the UK of franchised courses, etc.

In general publishers are unwilling to grant this to teachers of franchised courses in other countries, and there are a few reasons for this:
1. Sometimes they don't have the rights to grant, and the rights for overseas countries are held by a different publisher or the publishers agent
2. sometimes the relationship between the UK institution and the teachers in overseas organisations is not a direct one. Publishers are worried that the UK institution will have little control over such teachers
3. Some publishers have had bad experiences in some overseas countries of breaches to licence agreements/copyright and this can make them  wary.

It is difficult for us to negotiate at a national level for overseas campuses, because the relationship UK institutions have with such organisations vary so much. So, I am afraid it often a case of going to the publisher with the individual circumstance.

Kind regards
Lorraine

Lorraine Estelle
CEO