Dear All

The next CILIPS North East Branch event will be ‘Transforming Research Libraries’ by Keith Webster. Keith has been University Librarian and Director of Learning Services at The University of Queensland since June 2006. Previous posts include University Librarian at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, Head of Information Policy at HM Treasury in London and Director of Information Services at the School of Oriental & African Studies, University of London. He is Adjunct Professor of Library Management at Victoria University of Wellington and Honorary Professor of Information Science at City University, London. Keith’s interests include strategic planning, learning space design and international trends in academic libraries. He is Convenor of the IFLA 2010 Conference which will be held in Brisbane.

Keith’s presentation will take place at 14:00 on 18 October 2010 in the Queen Mother Library on the University of Aberdeen’s Old Aberdeen Campus. A map is available on the University web pages at  http://www.abdn.ac.uk/maps/old-aberdeen.php. Parking is limited around the Queen Mother Library so please let me know if you’re planning to come by car so I can arrange a visitor permit.

We hope to see you there – please forward this email to anyone you think may be interested in attending Keith’s talk.

Regards

Robin

Robin Armstrong Viner BSc(Hons) MA MCLIP

Chair

CILIPS NE Branch

Library & Historic Collections

University of Aberdeen