***Apologies for cross posting***

All

There will be a meeting of the Fedora UK & Ireland User Group on Monday
13th December 2010 at the London School of Economics and Political
Science (LSE).  The meeting is in the LSE Library and will start at
10:30 (Coffee from 10:00) and formally end at approximately 15:30 but
with time for informal chat after that.  Members of the Fedora EU group
will be very welcome.  'Membership' of the groups is informal and so any
users or potential users of Fedora will be welcome.

Further details and an agenda will be circulated nearer the time but for
now put the date in your diary!  We are pleased to announce that Steve
Bayliss, the release manager for Fedora 3.4, will be attending.  If you
are not already on one of the group mailing lists, please add yourself
at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/fedora-uki <http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/fedora-uki>
so that you receive further information.

At OR10 in Madrid, a group discussion came up with some suggestions for
the format of future User Group meetings.  As a result of these, we are
intending that for some of the day all delegates will be together but
that for part of it we split into two groups: a technical strand
(software developers) and a management strand (people who are more
interested at an overview level than with code).

*        please bring outstanding problems and issues for discussion

*        please come prepared to talk formally or informally about the
aims for your use of Fedora and the functionality planned or
implemented; people are always keen to share this sort of information

*        likewise, please come prepared to talk formally or informally
about interaction with your end-users that may have influenced your
repository design

*        contributions from both new and experienced users are welcome!

If you have any items for the agenda, be they short or longer items,
and/or presentations that you would like to give, please let us know.
Please direct any replies to the Fedora UK & Ireland list

Chris Awre & Richard Green

Co-Chairs, Fedora UK & Ireland Group