From: Lesley kay <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:10
Subject: Re: Analysis of referrals

Would you be able to share this, anonymised? Lesley

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Oct 2010, at 12:58, Roger Gardiner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I did a simple graph for my PBC which showed that the more you refer the LESS you spend/registered patient.

Not quite the result the PCT expected - the board meeting was silent for 30 seconds after I distributed the graph.

They are now checking the effect across the PCT but if confirmed the lack of effect of referral management centres etc. is explained.

I'm waiting for further analysis to see if the extra costs came through prescribing/A+E/more complex interventions when they were referred or something else.

Roger