Dear All,

apologies for cross postings. Please find  below  information  from John Clemens  about the  Igneous and Metamorphic Studies group meeting  in Stellenbosch in January 2011. Please contact  John, or  Gary Stevens,  if  you  have further questions.

This is to remind you that the Igneous and Metamorphic Studies Group will be holding its annual meeting at the University of Stellenbosch on 16 to 19 January next year. This happens just after the CAG23 meeting in Johannesburg.

The IMSG web site is at:
http://academic.sun.ac.za/earthSci/IMSG2011.htm
and contains all the information.

Those of you from overseas who may be attending CAG may like to extend your stay in SA and give our hard-rock petrology community the benefit of hearing about your latest research.

Remember that registration for IMSG is free, there will be a free or low-cost field trip to the Cape Granite Suite (and a winery), and that you should send your abstract and an indication of your interest in the field trip to either me (mailto:[log in to unmask]) or Gary Stevens (mailto:[log in to unmask]). The abstract template is attached and the fieldtrip is limited to 40 participants - first-come, first-served.

ADDED ATTRACTION
Many of you may also be interested in thermodynamic modelling of phase relations in igneous and metamorphic systems. If so, we have good news. Immediately following IMSG, Mark Caddick (ETH Zürich) will teach a 2 day PERPLEX course (for beginners to advanced level). This will take place on the 20th and 21st of January. There are 8 places still open and it is free. If you would like to reserve a place please contact Jeanne (mailto:[log in to unmask]).

cheers,

Ian