"DOING MORE WITH LESS:
rising to the digital challenge in difficult times"

The Museums Computer Group
'UK Museums on the Web' Conference 2010
hosted by the Museum of London
**26 November 2010**

Including a joint evening session with Wikimedia UK
hosted at the British Museum

See the latest UKMW10 programme:
http://bit.ly/ukmw10

Register now online for UKMW10:
http://ukmw10.eventbrite.com/

The UK cultural heritage sector is entering a turbulent period. The policy landscape is being reshaped, funding streams renegotiated and portfolios of responsibility changing hands. The challenge we have been set is to think creatively about the future, to show courage and ingenuity, as well as share illustrations of what we do well.

Confronting head-on our immediate digital challenge, this year's 'UK Museums on the Web Conference', convened by the Museums Computer Group, will explore the ways digital heritage can respond to these difficult times.

As well as decoding what the recent policy and funding announcements will mean for you and your institution, and for our community of practice as a whole, the conference will highlight four clear and distinct ways in which, together, we can engage with the challenges ahead, through:

- smart aggregations of our digital collections;
- open-source tools and methods to designing our systems;
- creative approaches to collaborative working; and
- new and imaginative models for funding our work.

The day will aim to highlight how these open, creative and smart approaches might allow us to rise to the digital challenge . and, crucially, do more with less.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to the Museum of London on 26 November, and to UKMW10.

Ross Parry
MCG Chair
http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/

Dr. Ross Parry
Academic Director / Senior Lecturer
School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester
Museum Studies Building, 19 University Road, Leicester LE1 7RF, UK
t: 0116 252 3963   e: [log in to unmask]    w: http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/contactus/rossparry.html

The University of Leicester's School of Museum Studies has the highest proportion of world-leading research in any subject in any UK university (RAE 2008)

See our Masters programmes (by distance learning) in:
Digital Heritage
http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/study/digitalheritage.html
Learning and Visitor Studies in Museums and Galleries
http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/study/muselvs.html