Recruiting now!

Family and Adult Events Volunteers for our two sites.

The Museum of London is one of the largest urban history museums in Europe, representing a quarter of a million years of history and telling the story of one of the world's most diverse and fascinating capital cities. Thousands of people from London, the UK and abroad take part in our varied public events programmes for adults and family groups.

Telling a 2000 year story of river, port and people, Museum of London Docklands is situated in a late Georgian Grade I listed warehouse on West India Quay - at the heart of London's historic Docklands. Museum of London Docklands explores the social and economic significance of the port of London, for a time the busiest in the world. It is the only permanent collection in London to examine the capital's involvement in the transatlantic slave trade with the gallery London, Sugar and Slavery.

We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to provide guidance and support for adults and family groups during their participation in the public events programme; helping to ensure that they have a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Previous experience is not essential as full training is provided. In return we will provide the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge in a rewarding and creative environment.

Up to £10.00 per day in travel and lunch expenses can be covered.

For further information and an application form please contact Sandra Hedblad, Programme Manager (Family Learning), [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> , 0207 814 5785. The closing date for applications is Monday 15th November 2010.

Sandra Hedblad
Programme Manager (Family Learning), Learning department
Museum of London
150 London Wall
London. EC2Y 5HN
Tel: 020 7814 5785
Fax: 020 7600 1058
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.museumoflondon.org.uk

Discover the story of the world's greatest city and its people at the new £20 million Galleries of Modern London, now open at Museum of London.

Follow us online:
www.museumoflondon.org.uk
http://twitter.com/MuseumofLondon
www.facebook.com
www.scribd.com
www.mymuseumoflondon.org.uk/blog

Before printing, please think about the environment