Hi everybody
A big thank you to everybody who responded to my query about CRB checks.
As there were several requests for circulation of responses, here they
all are attached.
The general advice from your emails and phone calls I've made to people
who I thought might have some ideas does seem to be to try the local
council or arts organisations, and to use simple words sloooowly if you
need to talk to somebody there about it as they are generally as
confused as we are. Also skill up on your risk assessment writing as you
may not even need a CRB check unless your prospective employer really
insists or because you are doing regular work with them, and then they
might organise and pay for it- hooray! Perhaps something sensible and
coherent will emerge from this place of forehead knots once the ISA is
"remodelled". You never know...
All best wishes
annette

--