Hi Jay -

What exactly are you wanting to test?

You are not actually modelling or testing differences in grey matter between groups.  For this need additional regressors modelling the mean of each group (e.g. comprising of 1s and 0s).

Your first four contrasts look for differences across groups in the correlation between your variables and grey matter (e.g. an interaction).  You first might want to include a contrast looking for whether there is a correlation at all.  The next contrasts are not really meaningful as they are just averaging differences in correlations of the two variables, which may have quite different scales.

Eugene

--

Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB) | University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital | Headington

Ph: +44 (0) 1865 222 523 | Mob: +44 (0) 7946 362 059 | Fax: +44 (0) 1865 222 717