From: Francis Wong [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: averaging prob tracks DTI

I think it might be related to this issue I have had:

>> 2) I performed the applywarp twice to check if the transform works:
>>
>> applywarp --ref=FMRIB58_FA_1mm.nii.gz --in=dti_FA.nii.gz
>> --warp=FA_to_target_warp.nii.gz --out=warpped_FA
>>
>> applywarp --ref=FMRIB58_FA_1mm.nii.gz --in=warpped_FA.nii.gz
>> --warp=target_to_FA_warp.nii.gz --out=re-warpped_FA
>>
>> while the warpped_FA matches the FMRIB58 very well, the re-warpped_FA
does
>> not match the subject's native FA image that a large portion of it was
>> cropped. also, the dimension of the re-warpped_FA does not match the
>> original dti_FA.  Something must be wrong in the process.

I set the correct reference image (dti_FA) and perform the above steps
again.  The result is in the attachment.  The right most image is the
original dti_FA, the middle is the transformed one and the left most image
is the one that was transformed back to the native space.  I have the same
problem for all subjects that the left part got cropped.

Let me know you would like me to attach all the images and warps.

Thanks,
Francis

On Oct 14, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Matt Glasser wrote:

> I think some of your subjects are not registered correctly in that case,
as
> that is quite far off.
>
> Peace,
>
> Matt.