Hi,

I have been trying to do melodic ICA on ASL data.  I have ASL data from 15
subjects scanned under two conditions. I want to obtain independent spatial
patterns that might explain variability in the behaviour I am seeing.  My
questions are:

(1) Is it valid to run melodic ICA on ASL data ? I basically concatenated 30
ASL 3D files into a single 4D file and ran melodic from command line.
 Spatial maps were thresholded using mixture modeling.

(2) It it is valid, how are the spatial maps ordered? Is it based on the
variance they explain?

(3) How do I interpret the values in the melodic_mix file. Do they provide
some measure of average CBF in a spatial network for each subject (i.e each
3D ASL)

Regards,
Pat