Hi All,

HKRAC is  looking for information regarding the Moryan in Somalia.
According to our client, Moryan is an organized gang made up of majority
clan members that concentrates in Mogadishu, Somalia and is responsible
for many violent criminal acts such as kidnappings, murders, rapes, etc.
  So far, we have not been able to find much independent information on
the Moryan. We would be interested on any information about the Moryan
along the lines of the following questions:

- Is the Moryan a well known reported gang in Somalia?

- When and where was the Moryan established?

- Have there been reports about the Moryan and their criminal activities
in Somalia?

- Have there been cases where the Moryan persecuted a person and
followed him even though he fled from the place where he was first
persecuted?

-  Do they actually “control” specific areas, eg. setting rules for
civilians to follow?

-  Which parts of Somalia do they control?

-  Does the Moryan target any particular groups?

-  Who are the Moryan comprised of?

We would appreciate any information you could provide.

Please send all replies to: [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Best regards,

Christine Lin

--
Christine L. Lin
Legal Director

Room 2, G/F, 2 Jordan Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3109 7359
Fax: (852) 3422 3019
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
www.hkrac.org
* a non profit company

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/discussion/guidelines