Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce you to a new website that has been launched by
Laura-Ashley Wright and Robyn Plasterer: the Refugee Education
Initiative (REI).

Website: www.refugeeeducation.com

The REI is an international forum which aims to link together
researchers, academics, professionals and the general public on issues
related to refugee studies and forced migration. While there are many
existing blogs, networks, websites and initiatives focussed on these
topics, the REI wishes to act as a knowledge hub, where individuals can
access a convenient and central place to obtain information on:

     * Current Events and Policy Issues
     * Relevant Websites, Blogs, Mailing Lists and Listservs
     * Non-Academic Resources: films, books, art, music
     * Academic Resources: journals, publications, etc
     * Work and Volunteer Opportunities
     * Academic Programs and Scholarship Opportunities

What is also great is the chance for students to publish their work, or
blog about international experiences. We hope to link students to other
established networks existing in Canada and abroad. If you know of NGOs
with internship/work opportunities, have research/resources to share or
would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at

We have just launched the new website, and will be adding resources daily.

Please send all replies to: [log in to unmask]

Kindly,

Laura-Ashley and Robyn

Laura-Ashley Wright
MSc Oxford University (2010)
BSc University of British Columbia (2008)

Robyn Plasterer
Oxford University: Current MSc Forced Migration Student
BA University of British Columbia

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/discussion/guidelines