> I can only hope that China chooses to open up to foreign influence more and more - it wields such enormous influence, and the power to change the world for the worse or the better through remaining Communist or becoming a democracy. Imagine how interesting Chinese film might be if Chinese people were allowed to tap into their full creative and critical potential... a nice thought :o)

That's a fallacy, dear Epiphanie. Without the communist party, China would fall apart. Democracy western style is just not for the Chinese, period. It's not in their history. Better get used to the idea. ;-))

*
*
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to
For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon
*
Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
Contact: [log in to unmask]
**