Hello,
Patrick Keiller's new film, 'Robinson In Ruins' is also what one might call a London film, although here he is dealing with the periphery as marker of the centre. I saw it recently and was not only struck by its quality of image and its determination to address the concept of contemplation in cinema but also by its rhetoric, I learnt much that about how we can discover the present through the past, especially in the specifics of class politics. Wonderful stuff.

Peace
Alan

A. Fair
IDS

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you
should read the Manchester Metropolitan University's email
disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **