Dear members,

The JISC e-Learning Programme is developing a new guide on innovative practice in a digital age, focusing on the use of mobile technologies, social software and virtual/immersive worlds.  This is an extension to the previous JISC Innovative Practice with e-Learning publication (2005) which is available to view or download from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/eli_practice.html.

We're looking for new case studies to reflect the growing use of these technologies in both Further and Higher Education.  As the document is aimed at persuading new adopters we are not necessarily looking for the most technically cutting edge - rather, we are looking for examples of successful use in day to day teaching and learning.    Examples with large numbers of participating students are of interest as they could provide information about how to scale the use of new technologies, but we're also interested in small smaller scale implementations where the pedagogical benefit is clear.

Participating would involve being interviewed for a written case study, and possibly filmed and recorded for a video and/or podcast subject to agreement.

If you'd like to put your work forward for consideration, please email Clare Killen [
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]] and Ellen Lessner [[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]] by Tuesday 26th October 2010 giving a brief outline of how use of mobile, social or virtual/immersive technology is making a difference to learners' experience in an educational context.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Sarah

Programme Manager: JISC e-Learning Programme
JISC Innovation Group
3rd Floor, Beacon House
Queen's Road
Bristol