Hi Steve, had a look and a read - this is very informative work/ very useful for my students notably the paper on transitional drawing and dialgogue on subjectile- artuad
thanks for bringing it to everyones attention
best Greig ( Burgoyne)

--- On Thu, 7/10/10, S.W.Garner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: S.W.Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Link to drawing papers (SMT Vol 4)
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, 7 October, 2010, 16:03

Dear DRNers,

This is a new journal to me but I did some reviewing for it earlier this year.  Below is a link taking you to some papers on the materiality of drawing.

Steve G

This is to advise you that the latest volume of Studies in Material Thinking is now online at:

Studies in Material Thinking (SMT 4)
Materiality of Drawing/Thinking
The value of slow arrival: bodily gesture | spatial mode | response time

The practice of drawing and the study of drawing practice are particularly interesting at present in terms of rapidly changing professional methods, digital and technological developments and the challenges of practice-led research investigations. This volume of SMT includes papers dealing with theoretical and professional contexts that explore and explain a wide variety of drawing practices in art and design. It is a fascinating and important contemporary issue for artists and theorists. Contributions to this volume challenge and refocus our ideas on: drawing as perception; meaning and interpretation; notions of dexterity; the value of attentiveness; ambiguity; progressive logic and sustained uncertainty in relation to drawing as a material practice.