Hello everyone!

Below is a link to advance notice of my new book, which will be published
by Lynne Rienner Publishers this coming March.

_https://www.rienner.com/title/Borderlands_of_Blindness_
(https://www.rienner.com/title/Borderlands_of_Blindness)

A person may be legally blind, yet not "blind enough" to qualify for social
 services. Beth Omansky explores the lives of people with legal blindness
to show  how society responds to those who don’t fit neatly into the
disabled/nondisabled  binary. Probing the experience of education, rehabilitation,
and work, as well  as the more intimate spheres of religion, family, and
romantic relationships,  her frank and theoretically sophisticated portrait of
the legally blind  experience offers an original insight into our
understanding of the social  construction of disability.

CONTENTS

    *   Introduction.
    *   An Insider Approach.
    *   Prejudice and Poverty.
    *   Living Stories: In Their Own Words.
    *   Education.
    *   The Perils of Rehabilitation.
    *   Work.
    *   Constructing Blindness.
    *   Being Blind: From the Inside Out.
    *   Identity.
    *   Conclusion: Intersections Along the Border.

Cheers,

Beth

Beth Omansky, Ph.D.
Portland, OR