From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Higgins
Sent: 26 September 2010 11:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Important - UK Government cuts to QuaNGOs

Looking at the list of organisations for the chop sent by Mark, didn't New
Labour already pull the plug on the Hearing Aid Council and cut the
Independent Living Fund to shreds so that it was unable to offer support to
any 'new' applicants?  Don't get me wrong, I will be in Birmingham next
Sunday at the demo to oppose the cuts the ConDems are implementing , but New
Labour laid the path for them I think, not just with the cuts to funding I
mention above, but with its wholesale lack of any practical support for our
(Disabled People's) Organisations?

Best wishes,

Mike Higgins,
Email: [log in to unmask]