Hi Tom

Get lost in rdfs recursivity? not the first one :)

> What is not clear to me, with a brief look at RDF Semantics,
> is whether we are actually losing information by not saying
> in 2010 what the term declaration said in 2008, i.e.:
>
>    dct:AgentClass   rdf:type         rdfs:Class
>    dct:AgentClass   rdfs:subClassOf  rdfs:Class
>
> All classes are subclasses of rdfs:Resource, but are they
> also all subclasses of rdfs:Class (i.e., can this second
> triple simply be inferred)?

Actually not, but the other way round, yes.
The first triple can be inferred from the second, since according to
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_subclassof

"The rdfs:domain of rdfs:subClassOf is rdfs:Class."

IOW

ForAll (x,y) (x   rdfs:subClassOf   y)  =>  (x  rdf:type  rdfs:Class)

And BTW since we are in the logic land, seems to me no formal relation is
declared between dct:Agent and dct:AgentClass

Does the following hold

ForAll x  (x  rdf:type  dct:AgentClass) => ( x  rdfs:subClassOf  dct:Agent)
(and the other way round).

Or in less formal terms : An instance of dct:AgentClass is a subClass of
dct:Agent?

Yes? No?

Bernard

--