I am sure I saw some fairly negative letters in, I think, British
Archaeology, following an article about the Bristol transit van project.

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion List for Contemporary and Historical Archaeology
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MAY, Sarah
Sent: 06 October 2010 10:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Is the contemporary past crap?

That's not to say it is crap by nature, just that we are doing a crap
job of it.  I've never read anything in print saying it isn't a
reasonable field of study for archaeologists, and to be honest I've
never had anyone say it to my face. I think, though, that the scarcity
of funding and positions for its study shows that it isn't considered in
the same light as other aspects of archaeology. But then again, that may
be the same as Dan's post, we just need to do more of it, and to do it
better.

All the best
Sarah