The success of the transit van project may be clearly seen in the way that it is still being cited, discussed, and argued about. I have made a point of using the project as a case study when teaching historical and theoretical archaeology in Scandinavia, and Central Europe, and it has always been received well, as an example of innovative thinking that pushes the boundaries of the subject. The world changes. Archaeology changes. Deal with it.

On 7 October 2010 21:35, Cassie Newland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Poor old J641 VUJ gets it in the neck again...
I rather think I might sign up for the facebook group though!
Cassie

Dept. of Archaeology and Anthropology
University of Bristol
43 Woodland Road
Bristol, BS8 1UU
tel: 0782 880 8183
P Save paper.  Do you really need to print this email?

From: John Mabbitt <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Thu, 7 October, 2010 21:02:02

Subject: Re: re. is contemporary archaeology crap?

coincidentally enough, the following thread appeared on the BAJR forum today.

http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?3639-Sensible-Archaeology

It's not specifically an attack on contemporary archaeology, but the contemporary material past (or at least high profile examples) appear somewhere in the scatter...

John