To add my own little anecdote ... I published an article on conducting archaeology at Long Kesh/Maze prison in British Archaeology in the summer of 2005. I can't remember the exact wording but the next edition of BA contained a letter asking, in rather scathing tones, why I bothered examining the prison site as the 'real' archaeology would be found in the below ground context. I was given a right to reply but didn't see the point: if you don't want to get it, you won't get it!