From: Erica Brostoff <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010 9:24:14
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] BPS "conservatisim"

Dear All,
Following Paul Duckett and other correspondents' posts, it would be helpful to those of us who are not in a position to see the darker side of the BPS (if there is one) because we are inside it, a guide to the problems with it that non-members see.

There may be a gut reaction of being a "joiner" or a "non-joiner", as well as more objective positions.  Generalisations without substance are not illuminating.  So please do respond, someone, and it would be helpful to know whether you are a psychologist or not.  Not all people with degrees in psychology join the BPS by a long way, but I think that is more because they do not see what it has to offer them more than a negative view of what it does.

Thank you, EB

___________________________________
The Community Psychology List has a new website/blog at:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/
There is a threaded discussion forum:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
There is a twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK
To post on the website blog, forum or twitter feed, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below.
David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK