Dear Peter,

it seems to me that you are having trouble with f2mtz and not with ctruncate, so
I am confused by the subject.

Can you please post
- the error message,
- the first couple of lines of the hkl-file you are trying to import (including
  one or two reflections which are flagged for Rfree),
- the version of ccp4 you are using
- whether you are doing the conversion from the GUI or the command line - if the
  latter, please also post the script you are using.

Cheers, Tim

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 09:14:36PM -0400, Peter Chan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been struggling with F2MTZ and importing my hkl file into mtz by 'keeping existing freeR data'. I keep getting the error "Problem with FREE column in input file. All flags apparently identical. Check input file."
>
> At the end of the day, it appears that this only happens in ctruncate and not in the old_truncate instead of ctruncate. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
>
> Peter

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4