Can't find your reference unless you are referring to this one:
JOURNAL OF MODERN OPTICS, 1994, VOL .41, NO .12, 2413-2423

In case I'm wrong, could you post the direct link for download of Dale's paper ?

Thanks,

Jürgen
-
Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894