Dear Cécile,

Could you give more details about your strategy of exchanging
detergent? I used to try exchanging detergent during wash step of
gravity purification (so I assumed the idea is similar to yours), but
most of protein aborted binding. Without exchanging detergent, the
protein bound to its ligand pretty well. This phenomenon was also
consistent with another experiment, in which we saw detergents had an
affect on binding affinity between protein and ligand.

Dear Vasan,

This paper may give you useful information regarding to accumulation
of detergents during concentration using concentrators with different
MWCO. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279333/

Best regards,
Sally.