Dear Mohinder,

What one should really do is to provide an accurate model (including the
space group) of what is taking place in the crystal. For example, there
was this case reported by Morales et al. (2000, Acta Cryst sect. D56,
1408-1412) of a complex of 2 proteins (i.e. identical situation to that
of a complex between protein and small ligand); the apparent space group
was P4(3)2(1)2, however the smaller protein was binding in 2 "opposite"
orientations in the complex. This led to an arrangement of the smaller
protein in an orthorhombic space group [P2(1)2(1)2(1)] and the structure
had to be treated as a twin in order to give the "best" (most
appropriate) model of what was taking place in the crystal.

So I think it is important to carefully consider (and understand) what
is going on, in order to do the most appropriate modeling. You could
have an apparent  orthorhombic space group, whereas the correct space
group (dictated by the small molecule) is different.

Fred.