I would like to thank all of you for your replies. I very much
appreciate your time and I've got some great starting points to
try out. I will put together a recap of the off- and on-board
comments in the next day or so for archive posterity.

For those looking for more details...

The protein is specifically a monomeric substrate binding protein
(very roughly similar to MBP) and binds a  water-soluble vitamin.
It's purified exclusively by ion exchange so no tags though it is
shy a bit of the N-terminal domain to remove a lipo- moiety. I
have no idea what the Kd is at the moment, that was what I was
hoping to calculate. I do have the bound structure, it is not
covalently attached to the protein. The interactions are mostly
hydrophobic with only a couple of hydrogen bonds.

Once again, thank you all,

Katherine

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Joseph Ho