Not quite. I was trying to say that for good small molecule data, R1 is
usally significantly less than Rmerge, but never less than the precision
of the experimental data measured by 0.5*<sigmaI>/<I> = 0.5*Rsigma
(or the very similar 0.5*Rpim).

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,