Dear Melissa,

Thanks for keeping me informed about BNIM-Ireland. I’d love to be able to join in, but this isn’t possible. It’s great to be able to create a BNIM meta-panel to support one’s work beyond your geographical local resources, so congratulations to all concerned, and I hope you all work out good ways of supporting and interesting each other. Obviously, more general problems / insights arising out of each person’s own more particular lived experience of doing BNIM could be a great method. Or you might BNIM interview each other on “My story of doing BNIM up to now, all the events and experiences” might be a really powerful way of getting beyond academic abstraction!

I’ve just come back from giving a BNIM 1-day ‘taste; in Wrozlav (Poland), which was very encouraging with lots of good questions (of which I could answer some, so that was OK).

If any more general issues come out of this or later meetings of BNIM-Ireland, do share them with the e-list!

Best wishes

Tom