Hello everyone,

I am emailing in the hope that someone can offer some advice. A student has been to see me as she is writing her dissertation about women drivers in the 1960's and she'd like to collect some statistics from the time. However, we're having a nightmare getting access to any - the type of material she's after is: number of driving licences issued each year in the 60's (and how many were to women), and the number of road accidents and breakdowns in these years. The DVLA and the Department of Transport don't seem able to help, nor do the RAC (although I was sure they would have an archive) - any further suggestions please?

Many thanks for your time,
Catherine

Catherine Robertson
Acting Subject Advisor (Historical Studies, West African Studies, and Education)

Library Services
Academic Services
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT

Tel: 0121 4145829
http://www.library.bham.ac.uk/

The contents of this email may be privileged and are confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor copied in any way. If received in error please notify the sender and then delete it from your system. Should you communicate with me by email, you consent to the University of Birmingham monitoring and reading any such correspondence.