Dear list,

Here are the latest adult and family learning events and exhibitions at
Hull History Centre, the new home for Hull City Archives and Hull
University Archives.

Courses for adults

Places on our free courses are limited; please book your place by email,
telephone or by coming in.

Gentlemen of Hull

Thursday, 21st October - Thursday, 18th November

10:00am - 12:00pm

Every Thursday for 5 weeks

Who Shaped Victorian Hull? Turn detective in this free hands-on local
history course.

High Street Histories (Whitefriargate)

Saturday 30th October

10:00am - 4:00pm

Day long local history course. Learn hands-on skills to find out what
Whitefriargate was like in its hey day in turn of the century Hull.

Exhibitions

Hull Black History Month 2010: Young people's artwork exhibition

16th  October - 31st October

October is the UK Black History Month. Children and young people living
in Hull have created artwork to celebrate.

Hull Daily Mail 125

18th  October - 12th November

Hull Daily Mail is 125 years old! See the big picture of Hull's past
played out in the papers in this celebratory exhibition.

Lectures

Lunchtime Club Lecture

Tuesday 12th October

12:30pm - 1:30pm

The Western Synagogue: creation, direction and rebirth

Doug Smelt presents the latest in our monthly lecture series. The
Lunchtime Club plays host to speakers who have a story to tell about
Hull's past. All the lectures are free and there's no need to book!

Free family fun

Saturday Picnics

Saturday 9th October

12:00pm - 2:00pm

Saturday Picnics are our new monthly family events. They follow on from
the popular Tuesday lunchtime lectures for adults. You bring your packed
lunch and we'll bring the fun! There's no need to book.

At our first Saturday Picnic we'll be learning more about Western
Synagogue and creating our own artworks with local artist Doug Smelt!

Read all about it!

Saturday 16th October

11:00am - 1:00pm

Celebrate 125 years of the Hull Daily Mail and make a front page for
your own newspaper to either take home or display at the History Centre.
Under 16s.

Re-enACT

Half term: Monday 25th October - Thursday 28th October

1:00pm - 3:00pm

From mini-plays to creating masks, these free sessions will help you
make your own mark on history with Hull Community Theatre! Under 16s.
Places are limited, so please call, email or come in to book your spot.

With kind regards,

Arike

Arike Oke
Audience Development Officer

Hull History Centre
Worship Street
Hull
HU2 8BG

Telephone: 01482 317508
Email: [log in to unmask]

Hull History Centre is the home of Hull's written heritage.
Explore our collections, events, news and learning programmes at our
website, http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk
<http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk>

Re-enACT: October half term

From mini-plays to creating masks, these free daily sessions will help
you make your own mark on history with Hull Community Theatre!  Under
16s, booking essential.

Find us on facebook! To receive exclusive event and news updates email

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.  All transmissions may be subjected to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Website: www.hullcc.gov.uk Tel: 01482 300 300 Text phone: 01482 300 349