From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pam Cranston
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Holly Fairhall's Blog

I'm sorry, folks, but can people really expect to just walk into or be handed a 'dream job'?  Let's get real.  Steve Davies' comment hits the nail on the head.  As does 'Really Realist' and others in similar ilk.
I honestly don't know what this type of public handwringing is meant to achieve.  There are records offices with one or two over-loaded archivists / records managers / curators (to move across the board) out there.  Volunteer and get some good experience under your belt, as many of us have and many still do. Yes, its hard.  That's life. There are jobs being advertised all the time.  Get our experience up and apply for what's out there instead of expecting your dream job to come to you.

Strictly my own thoughts

Pam