Cumming, J. A. & Wooff, D. A. 2007. Dimension reduction via principal
variables. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis 52(1): 550-565.

Extends from GP McCabe's 1984 paper. Also check out the references therein.

David

--
David Wooff,
Director, Statistics and Mathematics Consultancy Unit,

SIGNOFF allstat